Healthy Moist Banana Muffins
Healthy and moist banana muffins made with whole wheat flour and honey and contain no artificial sugar or butter!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 12 muffins
- 1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour or plain all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup milk or Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas about 2-3 medium bananas
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks or nuts optional
Pre-heat oven to 350F. Grease or line a 12 cup muffin pan with muffin liners and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil, honey, milk and vanilla for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the bananas, flour mixture and chocolate chips (or any other add-ins of choice.
Pour batter into muffin pan. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!
To make gluten-free: Use Bob's Red Mill gluten free flour.
For dairy-free/vegan: use almond milk and flax eggs and maple syrup.
*Trader Joe's has white whole wheat flour that is also great in this bread. You can also purchase the bread on Amazon here (affiliate link).