Keto Creamy Broccoli with Bacon
Broccoli cooked in a creamy garlic butter sauce and topped with cheese and bacon. This flavorful creamy dish is a delicious keto side or a whole meal on its own!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1/2 cup raw bacon (about 4-6 slices) chopped into small pieces (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream or light cream or half & half
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella or cheddar, or your favorite melting cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese optional
Pre-heat oven to 400F. In a large pan over medium-high heat, cook chopped bacon for 2-3 minutes or until almost crispy.
Remove bacon from pan and to the same pan, add the butter, garlic, broccoli, garlic powder, crushed red pepper and a dash of salt and pepper. Sautee for 2-3 minutes or until the garlic is fragrant. Add the heavy cream, cheese, and cooked bacon.
Transfer to preheated oven and cook for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the broccoli is cooked to desired doneness. Serve as a side or eat as a main meal!
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 106mg | Sodium: 286mg | Potassium: 282mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1605IU | Vitamin C: 62.2mg | Calcium: 221mg | Iron: 0.7mg