If there’s one thing I can’t resist, it’s nutella right out of the jar. I can’t imagine how many times I sat there and ate one spoonful after the other while telling myself “okay.. this is the last one!”. Nutella is extremely addictive, and you know what’s more addictive? These delicious nutella thumbprint cookies.
If your in the pantry scratching your head right now, don’t worry. All you need is nutella, flour, butter, sugar, and vanilla extract. These babies are super easy to make and can be prepared and baked in 30 minutes.
Roll into a ball about a1 inch in diameter.
Press on the dough with your thumb or the bottom of a measuring spoon.
This is how they look after baking. They are very light, buttery, and flaky. Seriously, these cookies make you feel like you are in a little bakery in Paris and I’m not exaggerating.
Using a pastry piping bag or a zip-lock bag like I did. Fill the center of the cookies with pure Nutella.
5 Ingredient Nutella Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup nutella
- ½ cup soften butter
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whip the butter, sugar, and vanilla for 2 minutes. Add the flour, mix with a wooden spoon until fully mixed and not sticky anymore.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch diameter balls. Place on a non-greased baking tray 2 inches apart. With your thumb or a measuring spoon make a print into the cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are light golden in color.
- Fill your piping bag or a Ziplock bag (cut in the edge) with nutella.
- After the cookies have slightly cooled fill with nutella.
- Store in an air-tight container for 3-5 days.