This is for all my vegetarian readers. Okay this is delicious recipe is not just for you guys alone! It’s actually pretty darn delicious and I’m sure even the biggest meat eaters are going to love this vegetarian buffalo “chicken” sandwich.
I’m a meat eater myself, but lately I’ve been cutting down on my meat consumption due to various reasons and let me tell you, this vegetarian version of buffalo chicken tastes JUST LIKE chicken, if not better!
I don’t know how they do it, but it’s as if your eating a real chicken patty. I’ve had a ton of different types of chicken substitutes but this if by far my favorite.
Now your probably asking yourself “what the heck is vegetarian chicken?!”
Vegetarian chicken is made mostly from vegetable proteins such chick peas and beans.
I made these tasty buffalo chicken wraps by using the Morningstar Farms vegetarian chicken patties. The wraps are pretty easy to assemble and can be prepared in under 10 minutes. you can make them toasted or un-toasted. I toasted my patties in a teaspoon of oil and they turned out so good except I would omit the lettuce next time when toasting because it became a little soggy.
To celebrate the summer season, MorningStar Farms® is stopping at local festivals across the country to serve up a variety of delicious, flavorful and good-for-you meal options during the “Good Food for Good Times” tour.
For those who are on the lookout for inspiration to live healthy, MorningStar Farms® is excited to share some innovative ways to create flavorful meatless meal options – without compromising taste. Whether it’s hosting a party or cooking dinner for the family, MorningStar Farms® offers a fresh and versatile take on eating well with more than 30 products and 600 recipes that are convenient and delicious. Don’t forget to check out www.morningstarfarms.com to find exciting new ways to enjoy MorningStar Farms® and spice up your kitchen.
Quick & Easy Vegetarian Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- 4 MorningStar Farms Chick Patties
- 4 large 8-10'' flour tortillas
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 small onion sliced
- 4 leafs Romain lettuce
- 2 teaspoons buffalo sauce
- 2 teaspoons ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon oil (if toasting)
- Heat Patties according to package directions. Cut into thin slices and set aside.
- Arrange flour tortilla flat on a plate. Add Romain lettuce (omit if toasting), then onions and tomatoes. Top with chicken, drizzle ½ teaspoon buffalo sauce and ½ teaspoon ranch dressing; wrap tightly. repeat processor for remaining tortillas. After this step you can choose to eat the sandwich like this without toasting or continue to step two for the crispy version.
- Heat a large skillet to medium/high heat, add teaspoon oil. Place tortilla seam down on the pan. cook for 1 minute on each side or until golden in color. Remove from heat. Serve warm Enjoy!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.