Easy skillet cilantro lime chicken is creamy and full flavored and made in the comfort of you skillet making it the perfect 20 minute dinner.
Dinner just doesn’t get any easier! One skillet (or one pan) dinners are my absolute favorite to make. They require minimal prep and clean-up so you don’t end you stressing about dirty pots and pans later!
This creamy cilantro lime chicken is extremely easy to make and has become a weekly part of our dinner routine. The chicken is tender and flavorful and the creamy sauce is just out of this world. The chicken can be served with a side of veggies, rice, or even pasta.
For the creamy texture, heavy cream or half and half works great but if you’re on a diet, we like to use sour-cream or greek yogurt instead. You end up with the same flavor and texture and skip out on some of the added calories.
Easy One Skillet Creamy Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon oil of choice
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 cup chicken broth (water can also be used)
- Juice of 1 lime (or 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup heavy cream or half and half (or sour-cream or greek yogurt)
- In a large heavy-duty skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken generously with salt and pepper then add the chicken and cook for 7-8 minutes, turning once or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet and cover with foil on a separate plate, set aside.
- Add onions to the same skillet (without washing it) and cook onion for 1 minute. Add garlic and cook for just 30 seconds. Add chicken broth, lime juice, cilantro, red peppers flaked, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a gentle boil for 8-10 minutes or until liquid is reduced by ¼ cup.
- Whisk in cream during the last minute. Turn off heat and return chicken to the sauce. Garnish with more cilantro. Serve with aside of steamed veggies or rice. Enjoy!
nutritional facts per serving with heavy cream:nutritional Facts per serving with greek yogurt: