Lightened up shrimp cooked in a creamy garlic infused pesto cream sauce. This quick 15-minute one-pan dish is packed full of flavor and heavenly tossed with pasta.Shrimp and pesto are a combo made in heaven. Add mushrooms, tomatoes and your favorite veggies to take it to the next level. Toss in pasta cooked al dente and you’ve got yourself a flavor-packed fancy looking dinner in under 15 minutes.
We added mushrooms and cherry tomatoes but the possibilities are endless. Blanched broccoli or asparagus are a few of our favorites.Use home-made pesto or your favorite jarred brand!
To make the pesto
creamy, we used half & half to keep the dish light and healthy but heavy works great too. If you will be tossing the shrimp into pasta, boil the water for the pasta before you start making the shrimp. That way, the pasta is ready when you need it for the shrimp.
Creamy Garlic Pesto Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ⅓ cup pesto
- ½ cup half & half (or heavy cream)
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- 8 oz pasta, cooked to al dente and drained
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute. Add the garlic, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Stir to combine and cook for 1-2 minutes or until shrimp are almost pink.
- Add pesto, half & half and grated parmesan cheese. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the sauce has slightly thickened.
Add the cooked pasta and stir until the pasta is coated if desired.
Nutritional info per serving without pasta:
Nutritional per serving with 1 cup pasta: