Egg Noodles tossed in brown butter and topped with candied sweet potatoes. This flavor-packed dish makes the perfect side or light meal!That time of year has come, The leaves are falling and the scent of cinnamon, pumpkin and sweet potato is everywhere. I don’t know if it’s just me, but as soon as fall comes around, I get the urge to pop out the cinnamon and butter and begin immersing myself with the warm and nutty flavors of Autumn.
There’s nothing better than the smell of brown butter and cinnamon. Toss in sweet potatoes and a pinch of brown sugar and you’ve got yourself the perfect flavor profile for Autumn.
This year I decided to spice up the sides a bit an instead of the usual sweet potato sides, we ‘re making these flavor-packed egg noodles with sweet potatoes. The noodles are tossed in a browned butter and topped with diced sweet potatoes that have also been caramelized in the same brown butter.
For the egg noodles, I used the Reames brand noodles because they’re made with 3 simple ingredients; eggs, flour, and water so they’re as close to homemade noodles as you can get! Freezing for freshness allows them to maintain a homemade taste and texture. This makes them a heartier and tastier alternative to the thin, dried noodles that can fall apart in stews!! They can be found int he freezer aisle at your local supermarket!
Brown Butter Egg Noodles with Sweet Potatoes
- 1 large (or 2 small) sweet potato, cut into ½'' cubes, parboiled
- 12 oz Reames frozen egg noodles
- ¼ cup salted butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- Boil water for noodles, cook noodles according to directions on package.
- While noodles are draining, melt butter in a large fry pan or skillet. Stir butter until it begins to foam and turn golden brown. Add the parboiled sweet potatoes, brown sugar and cinnamon to the pan. Stir for 1-2 minutes until the brown sugar is melted.
- Add drained egg noodles to the pan and coat the noodles with butter and sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with black pepper if desired. Serve warm.
Now for the best part! Reames and I have partnered to give one lucky winner a $50 Visa Gift Card. To enter, simply comment below and let us know what is your favorite egg noodle recipe that brings you home! You also have the opportunity earn additional entries by following the prompts in the giveaway box below. The more steps you complete, the better chance you have of winning!
1 winner will be selected at random using a random generator. Must reside in the USA and be 18 years or older. The giveaway will close at 11:59 pm on Nov 15st, 2017
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Reames®. The opinions and text are all mine.