Pasta, avocado, tomato, lettuce, and onion tossed a creamy cilantro sauce. This tasty creamy flavor packed pasta makes the perfect summer side or lunch! Looking for another interesting and delicious way to use up those avocados sitting on your counter? This creamy avocado pasta salad is a great way to do so. The ripe creamy avocados and fresh tomato and lettuce along with the zesty sour-cream cilantro sauce make a great combo and take this cold pasta salad to a whole new level.
I added onions and for extra crunch and flavor but they are totally optional. Add black beans, corn or crispy turn bacon for extra color and flavor if desired.
Creamy Avocado Tomato Pasta Salad
- For the Salad:
- 8 oz uncooked pasta, any shape
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped, any type
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and chopped
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- ¼ small onion, sliced (optional)
- For the Dressing
- ½ cup sour-cream or Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ fresh Lime , juiced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and run under cold water and drain again. Set aside until pasta is cool.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine all the ingridents for the dressing in a blender cup and pulse for 30 seconds or until creamy.
- In a large bowl, add pasta, tomatoes, avocado, lettuce and onion. Pour sauce over the pasta and gently mix until fully combined. Serve immediately.