Crispy and caramelized on the outside and tender on the inside, these oven baked sweet potato fries are quick and easy to make and make the perfect healthy side dish.
Baked sweet potato fries are one of the dishes we have on a weekly basis. It’s really easy to make and super healthy.
Sweet potatoes are high in vitamin A, vitamin B5, B6, niacin,thiamin and riboflavin. Plus, they are fat-free and are low in calories. If that wasn’t good enough, don’t even get me started on the their health benefits. Okay, I’m starting to sound like an infomercial now so I’ll stop. But seriously guys, sweet potatoes are delicious, healthy, and one of the best veggies you can eat. Especially if you are trying to lose weight.
Baking them caramelizes the outside and leaves the inside creamy and tender. we usually like to have them with ketchup, hot sauce, or sriracha. Because the sriracha can be a little spicy, I like to make this creamy sriracha sauce. It’s made with sour cream, light mayo, and sriracha.
To begin, wash, and peel the sweet potatoes then slice into thin sticks. You can leave them as thick or as thin as you want. I usually like to go a little thinner so they cook faster. In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes with olive oil salt, pepper and a touch of paprika. The paprika is completely optional. Place the sweet potatoes on a greased baking sheet without over-laying. Bake for 15-20 minute, flipping halfway through. Serve with ketchup, hot sauce, sour cream, or this creamy sriracha dipping sauce.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika optional
- Sriracha Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream greek yogurt can also be used
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1.5 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet with oil and set aside.
- Scrub and cut the sweet potatoes into 1/3 inch sticks. You can go as thin or as thick as you would like but remember the thicker the are, the longer they will need to bake.
- In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika. Place on the baking sheet in a single layer. be sure not to overlap for best results.
- Bake fries, turning once and rotating pans once, until edges are lightly browned and centers are tender; 15 to 20 minutes.
- To make sriracha dipping sauce:
- Combine the sour-cream, light mayo, and sriracha sauce in a small bowl. Mix with a fork until fully combine and creamy.