Crispy and caramelized on the outside and tender on the inside, these oven baked sweet potato fries are quick and easy to make and make the perfect healthy side dish.
Baked sweet potato fries are one of the dishes we have on a weekly basis. It’s really easy to make and super healthy.
Sweet potatoes are high in vitamin A, vitamin B5, B6, niacin,thiamin and riboflavin. Plus, they are fat-free and are low in calories. If that wasn’t good enough, don’t even get me started on the their health benefits. Okay, I’m starting to sound like an infomercial now so I’ll stop. But seriously guys, sweet potatoes are delicious, healthy, and one of the best veggies you can eat. Especially if you are trying to lose weight.
Baking them caramelizes the outside and leaves the inside creamy and tender. we usually like to have them with ketchup, hot sauce, or sriracha. Because the sriracha can be a little spicy, I like to make this creamy sriracha sauce. It’s made with sour cream, light mayo, and sriracha.
To begin, wash, and peel the sweet potatoes then slice into thin sticks. You can leave them as thick or as thin as you want. I usually like to go a little thinner so they cook faster. In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes with olive oil salt, pepper and a touch of paprika. The paprika is completely optional. Place the sweet potatoes on a greased baking sheet without over-laying. Bake for 15-20 minute, flipping halfway through. Serve with ketchup, hot sauce, sour cream, or this creamy sriracha dipping sauce.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika optional
- Sriracha Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream greek yogurt can also be used
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1.5 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet with oil and set aside.
- Scrub and cut the sweet potatoes into 1/3 inch sticks. You can go as thin or as thick as you would like but remember the thicker the are, the longer they will need to bake.
- In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika. Place on the baking sheet in a single layer. be sure not to overlap for best results.
- Bake fries, turning once and rotating pans once, until edges are lightly browned and centers are tender; 15 to 20 minutes.
- To make sriracha dipping sauce:
- Combine the sour-cream, light mayo, and sriracha sauce in a small bowl. Mix with a fork until fully combine and creamy.
Tonya SkinImIn59 says
My daughter has been begging me for the past 3 days to make sweet potato fries and so tonight I gave in. Absolutely no regrets. They were perfection! The taste, and the texture could not have been any better and they even looked mouth watering! The oil and seasonings did a really great job of carmeling the fries which adds so much flavor. This will be a go-to recipe from this day forward. Oh, and let’s not forget the sriracha sauce. The sauce was an excellent addition, I even used it for dipping my seasoned garlic chicken tenderloins which were seared in a butter/olive oil mixture. The best thing about this recipe is that it’s easy to prepare and easy to remember how to do it. Thank you for sharing it with us.
THICC NICK says
Needs about 4x or more sricacha as recommended here.
Mike Mennonno says
Umm. Regular sour cream, regular mayo. But thanks for the judgy low-fat default. Ugh.
Gossip Girl says
When someone posts nutritional facts for a recipe, it is very kind of them to list the SPECIFIC ingredients they used. If you choose to lard-ass it up, that’s up to you.
Kat Monroe says
Gossip girl congrats on being rude
Tonya SkinImIn59 says
There was a first rude comment that he was responding to. The recipes are great as is. Many people cook using lower fat/calorie foods. They are accustomed to calling it that. No need for being defensive.
These are so good! I added extra sriracha because I like it spicier. I want to experiment with other types of hot sauce in the sauce too. I will definitely be making this recipe a lot!
These do look delicious!!!
Let me know if you give them a try! 🙂