If there’s one thing that kids ( and me) can’t resist, it’s the chocolate chip cupcake. Having attended public school, the cafeteria never served chocolate chip cupcakes. Last year while teaching in a private school, chocolate chip cupcakes were offered everyday! They had a special chef that baked them on the premises daily. Now I’m not going to lie, I ate those cupcakes almost everyday for breakfast ( I’m going to blame it on the pregnancy okay!).
This morning I was missing my students and the cupcakes came to mind so I got up and tried to bring back old memories. What better way to start the day than with 30 little faces that love you and with a chocolate chip cupcake hm hm..
I used mini chocolate chips inside the cupcakes and dipped them in chocolate glaze after baking.
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour or all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk or water
- 1 pack Semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Set flour mix aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs for 1 minute on high.
- Add sugar and continue to beat on medium speed for 30 secs
- Add vanilla and oil and continue beating for another minute.
- Beat in flour slowly.
- add milk and beat for 1 minute.
- stir in half the mini chocolate chips. batter should be nice and runny without clumps.
- Pour batter into a lined muffin pan. Fill to about ½ full.
- Bake for 12 -14 minutes at 350°F.
- While the cupcakes are baking melt the rest of the chocolate chips in the microwave for 1 minute or until nice and runny, stir the chocolate and dip the cooled cupcakes into the chocolate one by one.
- Allow to dry. serve cooled.