These cookies are super chunky and packed with chocolate chips and walnuts. Crispy on the outside, soft, moist and chocolaty on the inside.
If there’s one thing we can all agree on, it’s that everyone loves chocolate chip cookies! I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love em! Do you? Ever since I can remember I have always been trying to perfect my chocolate chip cookie recipe. The thing with making chocolate chip cookies is that adding a little more, or a little less of a thing can spoil them!
I made two batches today. The first one was too crunchy. Now I know.. I know.. crunchy is good thing, but I was aiming for perfectly crunchy on the outside and soft and moist on the inside. Nevertheless, the 2nd batch was amazing! These cookies are just perfect and I am so glad to share them with you today!
I added walnuts and 1/4 cup of rolled outs because I just love the texture that the oats add to the cookies and I just love walnuts!
These cookies that are piled up in the picture below are from the first batch (the crunchy batch). If you enjoy crunchy cookies than use 1/4 less flour in the batter to make the cookies crunchy inside and out!
- 1 1/2 stick butter 3/4 cup
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped browned walnuts
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp corn stratch
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Beat the butter for 1 minute until fluffy. Add the sugars and the egg. Continue beating for another minute.
- Add the vanilla, flour, corn starch, baking soda, walnuts, Chocolate chips, and rolled oats. Mix with a wooden spoon until all the ingredients are combined.
- Using a 2 inch cookie scooper or with your hands, form 20 equal size balls. Place molds on baking sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- bake for 8 or until the edges begin to darken. Do not over-bake because the cookies will firm up after cooling down.