Don’t you sometimes wonder what’s for dinner? Only if there’s always knew the answer to that question! Although we cook a lot, when it comes to dinner, I often find myself puzzled.
You know my obsession with Mexican.. I love the flavors of Mexican food so come up with a new Mexican dish. I love this tacos sloppy Joes sandwich because it has all the gooey meat and the amazing taco flavor.
These sandwiches are super easy to make and store very well. I cooked the ground beef the same way I do for tacos. I then topped it with Mexican cheese and cooked it on a griddle for 2 minutes on each side. The end results.. super crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside Taco sloppy Joes.
- 2 -12 '' french bread or 8 hamburger buns
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese or mozzarella
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced (2 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1-2 teaspoons olive or canola oil.
- Heat skillet or pan on medium/high heat. Saute onion in about ½ teaspoon oil for 5 minutes until translucent and slightly browned.
- Add cumin, garlic, jalapeno, red pepper, chili powder, oregano, salt and beef, stir for 10 seconds.Break the meat into large chunks and add water. Continue to stir the meat, breaking it into smaller pieces with the water stir frequently, for about 8-10 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink.
- Remove the meat from the skillet into another bowl and rinse skillet. Add 1/2 teaspoon oil and Heat on medium/high heat. Cut french bread into half, add about 1/3 cup taco filling, top with about 1/4 cup cheese, cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until crispy.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.