Learn how to make the best most creamy and soft Sweet potatoes in your Instant pot in under 30 minutes! These healthy and nutritious Instant pot sweet potatoes can be enjoyed as baked potatoes, used as a side or for meal prepping!
Instant pot sweet potatoes are a game-changer. They’re just like baked potatoes except for a lot faster and so much more softer. They’re as simple to make as adding water and sweet potatoes into your Instant pot and walking away. 30 Minutes later and you have super soft sweet potatoes that melt in your mouth.
All that’s needed is a small pat of butter (totally optional!) and a dash of salt & pepper or cinnamon and you’ve got yourself the best sweet potatoes ever. Scroll below for more ways to serve and eat them!
HOW TO MAKE SWEET POTATOES IN THE INSTANT POT
Making sweet potatoes in the instant pot is as easy as placing sweet potatoes in the instant pot along with a cup of water and sealing. To make Instant pot sweet potatoes you will need just two ingredients. Sweet Potatoes and Water.
- Place steamer basket and water in Instant Pot.
- Wash Sweet Potatoes and add them to Instant Pot.
- Steam 15-30 minutes depending on the size of your potatoes.
- Allow to natural release for 10 minutes.
HOW LONG TO COOK SWEET POTATOES IN PRESSURE COOKER?
The baking time will depend on the size of the sweet potatoes.
For small sweet potatoes (2 inches) cook 15 minutes + 10 minutes natural release.
For medium sweet potatoes (3 inches) cook 20 Minutes + 10 Minutes natural release.
For Large sweet potatoes (4 inches +) cook 30 minutes + Minutes natural release.
HOW TO SERVE BAKED SWEET POTATOES
These sweet potatoes are soft and delicious and are a great (and faster) alternative to baked potatoes. There are so many ways to serve and eat them, the possibilities are endless!
Use them for meal prepping. Assemble meal-prep bowls with sweet potatoes, grilled protein, and cooked grains or roasted veggies.
Serve them as a side with grilled meat or a salad for a filling nutritious meal.
Top with avocado, black beans and your favorite salsa for a deliciously savory meal.
Top with cinnamon, brown sugar, and butter for a tasty sweet treat.
Top with marshmallows and broil a few minutes for sweet potatoes smores.
Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
- 3-5 small-medium sweet potatoes
- 1.5 cups cup water*
- Place a steamer basket in instant pot. Pour 1 cup of water into the instant pot.
- Wash Sweet Potatoes and place on the steamer basket.
- Cover with lid and seal valve. Pressure cook on manual high pressure for 20 minutes (30 min for large sweet potatoes)
- Allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes before attempting to release the remaining pressure.
Leave a Reply