If you love Mexican food your going to love this cilantro lime marinade. It’s really easy to make and can be used to marinate chicken, beef, fish, shrimp, and even vegetables. I recently made a batch of roasted potatoes with this marinade and it was so good!
I couldn’t decided if I should name this marinade a jalapeno cilantro lime marinade or just a cilantro lime marinade. Well I decided to go with the shorter one because I tend to get a little to crazy with the long titles! Sometimes I even feel like listing all the ingredients in the title.. that’s just so you know what the recipe is about. Let’s just leave it as that okay 😉
To begin light chop the cilantro, garlic, and jalapenos and toss them in the food processor.
Add the lemon juice, olive oil and salt & pepper to taste. Process for less than one minute or until you have a nice and chunky texture. Don’t over process because the mixture will turn into a paste rather than chunky.
The jalapenos are not mandatory but they add a wonderful flavor and a kick of spice. If you don’t want the marinade spicy remove the inside of the jalapenos and wash them under cool water; be sure not to get any in your eyes.
Quick and Easy Cilantro Lime MarinadePrint Rate
- 1 cup cilantro lightly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice or juice of half a lime
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 jalapeno lightly chopped for un-spicy remove the seed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fine pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor for less than one minute or until the texture is nice and chunky. Be sure the garlic is fully processed. If you don't have a food processor you can make the marinade by dicing the cilantro, jalapenos and garlic very lightly and then mix the ingredients in a bowl with a fork.
- For a less spicy version, remove the inside of the jalapeno and wash it under cold water and be sure not to get any of it in your eyes. Store the marinade in the fridge for up to one week.