Okay, so I’m getting a little out of control with the cookies these days. What can I do? I just love em. After the holidays I was still craving a soft batch of brown sugar cookies. I baked these cookies with brown butter, I don’t know why I don’t use brown butter very often. I guess I’m just too lazy to brown it lol! But seriously, brown butter is awesome! It smells so good after you brown it!
Browning butter is a fairly easy process. You let the butter simmer in a saucepan for about 8-10 minutes while whisking it until it turns into a nice golden brown color.
One of the things I mind while making these cookies was the height. I wanted them to be extra thick so that I had lots of goodness of the inside to drool too. The first batch I baked melted, not completely, but they were not the cookies I had in mind so I whipped up another batch, tweaked the recipe, and the 2nd batch came out perfect!
Soft Batch Brown Butter Brown Sugar Cookies
- In a sauce pan melt the butter over medium heat, whisk constantly until butter has turned into a gold brown color. Set aside to cool for 10-15 minutes while you work on the cookie batter.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the brown butter and brown sugar for 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla, and egg and mix for another minute. Add the flour 1/4 at a time. mix until fully combined.
- in a small bowl combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar. Roll dough into a 2 inch bowl and dip into the sugars. continue to roll the balls until you are done with the batter. Place on a un-greased baking sheet 2 inches apartment.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, remove from baking sheet and place on a cooling rack.