The weekends are usually our special breakfast days; I like to make something new and different. Last week I made a Mexican egg skillet and the family loved it so much, so this week I decided to go from Mexican again.
By now I’m sure you already know about my obsession with cheese and my other not so secret obsession, Mexican food! I mean look around the blog, it’s all cheesy Mexican food, My favorite! what better way to combine the two other than this savory and cheesy egg melt. What I love about this sandwich is the savory flavor; you bite into the sandwich expecting a normal flavor but as soon as you taste it, it’s like an explosion in your mouth!
Considering the flavor this sandwich packs, it’s super easy to put together! I cooked the eggs and topped them with cheese while the bread was toasted. After that I sauteed a clove of garlic in olive oil and added Mexican salsa to it and let it simmer for a minute. I could have used the salsa just like that from the jar but I wanted to give the sandwich a kick of flavor. If you prefer you can use the salsa right out of the jar but I promise you it’s like a million times better when you saute saute some garlic first. After that I stacked a layer of eggs and cheese and topped it will Mexican salsa. You really can’t go wrong with Mexican food because the flavors are so vibrant!
Loaded Mexican Egg and Cheese Melt
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Mexican cheese or a slice American cheese
- ¼ Cup salsa
- 1 small Clove of garlic, diced
- 2 Teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Toasted slices of bread
- Heat sauce pan to medium heat; add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 1 clove of garlic diced. Saute garlic for 1 minute, be sure not to let it burn. As soon as the garlic start becoming golden in color add the salsa and saute for 1 minute, remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat a pan to medium/high heat, crack eggs and add ½ tsp salt. Pour 1 teaspoon of olive oil into pan and allow to heat for 30 seconds, add the eggs and cook for about 1 minute, flip and place the cheese on the eggs. Cook for 1 more minute, place egg and cheese on toast, top with salsa.
- Serve hot, enjoy!