The weekends are usually our special breakfast days; I like to make something new and different. Last week I made a Mexican egg skillet and the family loved it so much, so this week I decided to go from Mexican again.
By now I’m sure you already know about my obsession with cheese and my other not so secret obsession, Mexican food! I mean look around the blog, it’s all cheesy Mexican food, My favorite! what better way to combine the two other than this savory and cheesy egg melt. What I love about this sandwich is the savory flavor; you bite into the sandwich expecting a normal flavor but as soon as you taste it, it’s like an explosion in your mouth!
Considering the flavor this sandwich packs, it’s super easy to put together! I cooked the eggs and topped them with cheese while the bread was toasted. After that I sauteed a clove of garlic in olive oil and added Mexican salsa to it and let it simmer for a minute. I could have used the salsa just like that from the jar but I wanted to give the sandwich a kick of flavor. If you prefer you can use the salsa right out of the jar but I promise you it’s like a million times better when you saute saute some garlic first. After that I stacked a layer of eggs and cheese and topped it will Mexican salsa. You really can’t go wrong with Mexican food because the flavors are so vibrant!
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Mexican cheese or a slice American cheese
- 1/4 Cup salsa
- 1 small Clove of garlic diced
- 2 Teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Toasted slices of bread
- Heat sauce pan to medium heat; add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 1 clove of garlic diced. Saute garlic for 1 minute, be sure not to let it burn. As soon as the garlic start becoming golden in color add the salsa and saute for 1 minute, remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat a pan to medium/high heat, crack eggs and add 1/2 tsp salt. Pour 1 teaspoon of olive oil into pan and allow to heat for 30 seconds, add the eggs and cook for about 1 minute, flip and place the cheese on the eggs. Cook for 1 more minute, place egg and cheese on toast, top with salsa.
- Serve hot, enjoy!