I have a tiny obsession with chocolate… I can have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I really don’t mind waking up to a nice cold slice of chocolate cake with my morning cup of coffee either.
I’ve shared quite a few chocolate recipes on the blog over the past year. Some not so chocolate and some packed with chocolate. Inside and out. Yup. This is another one of those ultra packed inside and out chocolate recipes. Who can pass up a chocolate cake? especially when it’s packed with gooey chocolate chips and coated with chocolate ganache?! This double chocolate chip bundt cake is super moist and fluffy and is sure to satisfy even the sweetest sweet teeth. Enjoy! 🙂
* Note: If you don’t have a bundt pan this cake can also be baked in a 13×9 inch pan, bake for 10 minutes less.
Double Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup cool water
- ¾ cup Semi-Sweet Mini Chips
- For the Ganche:
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Mini Chips
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 6-cup tube pan thoroughly. Set Aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt for 60 seconds on low speed with the electric mixer. Next, add the butter, eggs, oil, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons of the water. Beat on low speed just until all of the dry ingredients are moist.
- Turn the mixer to medium speed and beat for 1 minute. Add 3 tablespoons water and beat for about 20 seconds on medium speed. Scrape the bowl and add the remaining 3 tablespoons water. Beat for 20-30 seconds until the batter is smooth. Then Fold in the chocolate chips. Scrape the batter into the pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (be sure not to open the oven during the first 30 minutes) or until a toothpick inserted into a cakey place in the center of the cake comes out clean (except for melted chocolate chips).
- Set the pan on a rack to cool for 5-10 minutes. Invert the cake onto rack (turn the round cake right side up) to cool completely.
- To make the ganache, start by placing the chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Bring the cream and salt to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Pour the cream over the chocolate. Wait 60 seconds to soften the chocolate, and then stir until the chocolate is entirely melted and the mixture is smooth. Cool to thicken slightly. Pour glaze over cooled cake and let set at room temperature.
- recipe adapted from epicurious.