So the past few weeks have been all about cookies. Plus, tomorrow I and over 500 food bloggers will be sharing cookie swap recipes; be sure to keep an eye out for that!
But back to the holiday at hand… I wanted to make a classic holiday bread but with a unique spin, something interesting and out-of-the-box to contribute to such a special occasion. I’m a sucker for banana bread so I couldn’t resist making it. I decided to make a gluten-free version of my favorite banana bread recipe. Lately, a few of my family members have switched over to a gluten-free diet so it’s been kind of hard adjusting.
At first, I didn’t know if I had to replace every ingredient when baking for them but I’ve found a much easier way to make my own recipes. All you do is use Bob’s Red Mill Wheat Free, Gluten-free, Dairy-Free, 1 to 1 baking flour. I love it because you basically replace all-purpose flour with Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free flour. Simply follow your favorite baking recipe, replacing the wheat flour with this extraordinary blend. It is perfectly formulated for baked goods with terrific taste and texture – no additional specialty ingredients or custom recipes required so you can turn any recipe into a gluten-free recipe with ease!
Now back to this super moist banana bread–I also tossed in some chocolate chips to jazz things up. After, what’s better than bananas and chocolate chips? When baking with bananas always go for ripe bananas because the sugar content in them is more concentrated they are ripe. I only used 1/2 a cup of sugar because the bananas are naturally sweet. Now how moist is this bread!
The Best Ever Super Moist Gluten Free Banana Bread
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill gluten free flour
- 4-5 very ripe bananas mashed (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-1 cup chocolate chips I used 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, set aside. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Stir in eggs, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture and chocolate chips into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for at least 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool another 30 minutes. Slice and serve warm!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.