Quick, simply and creamy zucchini noodles with tomato cream sauce is ready in under 15 mins and makes the perfect low-carb meal.Ever since I got my hands on my new veggie Spiralizer, I’ve been spiralizing just about everything I can get my hands on. So far I’ve made over 30 dishes and counting. You can say spiralizing veggies has become my new favorite kitchen hubby😅
This tomato cream sauce zucchini noodle dish is adapted from one of our favorite quick and easy weeknight meals. But instead of using pasta I use zucchini noodles and enjoy this dish for dinner without all the extra carbs! To begin cook down your onions, garlic, and pasta sauce or tomatoes. Then add the zucchini noodles and cream and your done! This dish basically comes together in under 15 mins.
Zucchini pasta with tomato cream sauce
- 4 medium zucchini squash, spiralized into spaghetti-like noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes or 1 cup pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- Spiralize The Zucchini noodles and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat. Be sure not to burn. Add tomatoes (or pasta sauce), basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to boil and continue to boil 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in and zucchini noodles and whipping cream. Reduce heat and for simmer 2-3 more minutes or until the zucchini is soft and tender. Serve hot with shredded parmesan. Enjoy!