Healthy, Quick, and Flavorful. This one pan lemon-garlic salmon and asparagus is ready in under 10 minutes and is packed with the delicious flavors of lemon-garlic and butter. If you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal you’ve found it. This one pan lemon-garlic and butter salmon and asparagus is as easy at it gets. No prep need and is ready in just a few minutes. Plus, everything is done in one pan. The salmon, asparagus and garlic get caramelized in the flavorful browned butter then the lemon takes this dish to the next level.
It’s so simple and easy to prepare and will impress just about anyone. My husband came in right after I finished photographing this dish. He grabbed a fork and finished the whole thing in just a few minutes. He assumed it took me a while to prep the dish but when I told him how easy it was and that it was all done in one pan he said “omg why don’t you make this more often!” 😋
I cooked the salmon and asparagus in one pan because they cook at the same rate and I wanted all the flavors of the garlic-lemon and butter to mix throughout the entire dish. If you do not have a pan be enough to fit the salmon and asparagus, I would just cook the salmon first then remove it and quickly cook the asparagus in the same pan. You can also cook these in separate pans by using 1 teaspoon butter and 1 teaspoon olive oil in each pan. To begin place a tablespoon of butter and a tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan. Wait until the pan is hot and the butter has fully melted. BE SURE THE PAN IS VERY HOT before adding the salmon so it gets caramelized. Season the salmon and asparagus with salt and pepper. Then add the salmon and asparagus and cook for about 3 minutes on one side.
Then flip and cook for about 3 minutes on the other side. Add the garlic and let the garlic cook for just 1-2 minutes or just until it begins to brown. Turn off the heat and squeeze half a lemon into the dish.
One Pan Lemon Garlic Salmon and Asparagus
- 1-pound salmon fillet (cut into 2-3 fillets)
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- zest and juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Heat a tablespoon of butter and a tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan. Wait until the pan is hot and the butter has fully melted. Add the salmon and asparagus, season with salt and pepper , and cook for about 3-4 minutes on one side.
- Flip and cook for about 3-4 minutes on the other side. Add the garlic and lemon zest. Cook the garlic for just 1-2 minutes or until it begins to brown. Turn off the heat and squeeze half a lemon into the dish.