All purpose cilantro lime chicken is juicy, moist, and zesty. It’s quick and easy to make and super flavorful. Serve it on tacos, rice, burrito bowls, or quesadillas. After a heat wave here in the North-East the weather is back to rainy and cold again. Spring was right around the corner!
This cilantro lime chicken is perfect for this weather. It really does make it feel like it’s sunny outside. I mean just look at it! It’s marinated in cilantro, lime, garlic, cumin, paprika, and olive oil. Pan sear it or grill it to perfection.
I added some bell peppers to the dish to give it more color and flavor but that’s completely optional. I used this yummy chicken to make a chicken salad with chipotle ranch dressing. The recipe for the salad will be on the blog soon!
All Purpose Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts or boneless chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (2 limes)
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika (optional)
- Lime wedges, fresh sprigs of cilantro, and slices of avocado to serve
- Mix the olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, salt, cumin, and paprika in a large bowl or ziplock bag. Add the chicken and mix with your hands (or shake bag, if using ziplock) until the chicken is fully covered. Cover and place in the fridge for 20 minutes to marinate or up to 2 days in advanced.
- To Pan Sear: Heat a heavy-duty skillet to medium/high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the chicken breasts. Cook for 6-7 minutes on each side. Cover and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting. It will continue to cook as it's resting.
- To Grill: Preheat the grill for medium high heat. Coat the chicken olive oil and place the chicken breasts on the grill. Grill for a few minutes on each side, until cooked through.