Easy Chili Cilantro Lime Chicken is salty, sweet, sour, and spicy and is great on salads, with rice, or in burritos and wraps! The people have spoken and it looks like chicken wins! Some of the most popular recipes on my site are chicken recipes, so here it goes.
This easy grilled chili lime chicken is just one of a whole bunch of healthy recipes I will be sharing with you in the upcoming weeks. It’s easy to make, healthy, spicy, and delicious. The chicken is marinated in a lime, chili, and spice marinade then grilled to perfection. You can make the chicken on the stove top in a pan or griddle or grill it outside on a grill. Ether way, this chicken is simply incredible!
I like to serve it on a salad and double the marinade and save half as a dressing for later. This chili lime chicken also goes great on noodles, rice, or burritos!
Grilled Chili Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 4 medium chicken breasts, boneless, skin-less (or thighs)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- zest of one lime (or 1 tsp)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (or honey)
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes (adjust to taste)
- ½ teaspoon ground Cumin
- Whisk the ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl. Place chicken in a large plastic bag or bowl and add the marinade to the chicken. Mix to combine. Seal bag or cover bowl with plastic bag and place in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Pre-heat grill, pan or griddle to medium-high heat. Grill chicken fillets for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through and the skin is golden and lightly charred. Rest for 5 minutes then slice and serve on salad, rice, noodles, or tortillas. Garnish with chopped cilantro and Enjoy!