Spiralized Zucchini pasta (Zoodles) tossed in a creamy avocado herb sauce. A quick and tasty low-carb healthier alternative to traditional pasta! Low-carb week continues! I’ve been sharing a few low-carb recipes over the past week, and this one is another one of my favorites. I made this yesterday and ate the entire bowl in minutes. Then I made another batch for my husband to avoid judgment.
Alright, So here’s how it works with this whole “zoodles” thing. If you’re craving pasta, then by all means please get up and make yourself a big bowl of carbs and enjoy it! But, if you’re in the mood for something a bit lighter, and don’t mind scarfing a little texture for less calories, then this zucchini pasta is perfect for you. You’ll eat the entire bowl and never look back. Everything in this pasta is so good for you, dare I call it super food..
The entire dish comes together in just a few minutes and is super easy to make thanks to my handy spiralizer. If you don’t have one yet, I highly suggest you do. These little tools do amazing things. especially, if you’re trying to lose weight or eat healthier.
To begin, simply spiralizer the zucchini. Then toss it in a hot pan with olive oil and garlic, just for a few seconds. Remove the pan from the heat and cool. While the “pasta” is cooling, blend some avocados, your favorite herbs (I used cilantro but basil or parsley also works great), lemon, olive oil and salt + pepper. Blend then add to the noodles, mix and enjoy this healthy, flavorful pasta guilt free!
Zucchini Pasta with Avocado Sauce
- 3-4 large or 5-6 small zucchini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- For the avocado sauce:
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, and peeled
- large handful of cilantro (about ⅓ cup loosely packed)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- water, as needed
- Slice the ends of your zucchini off. Use a spiralizer to make your zucchini noodles. Heat a large pan to high heat. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to pan then add crushed garlic. Cook garlic for just a few seconds or until it turns golden. Add the zuchhini noodles, toss to combine with the garlic and cook for just a few seconds then remove pan from heat and set aside to cool.
- While the zucchini pasta is cooling, Add avocado, herbs (cilantro, parsley, or basil), lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Blend until mixture is creamy, (optional, add 2-3 tablespoons water or until mixture reaches a pourable consistency).
- Pour sauce on zucchini noodles. Toss and serve. Garnish with parmesan or additional chopped cilantro. Enjoy warm or at room temp!