Salmon coated with lemon zest, almond, panko and pan seared until crispy and tender. This quick 5 ingredient meal makes the perfect weeknight dinner in under 15 minutes. Who would have thought almond coated salmon can taste so good! If you’re a fan of salmon, you’re going to love this crispy almond salmon. It’s very easy to make with no prep time at all. It’s also very crunchy and delicious!
To make this DELICIOUS salmon, simply coat a pan with olive oil and rub some oil on the salmon as well. Then combine lemon zest, panko, and crushed almonds (you can crush them in a ziploack bag or in a food processor). Gently dip the salmon in the crumb mixture and cook in pan 5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Then simply serve with your favorite veggies!!
Lemon Almond Crusted Salmon
- 2 (6-8 oz) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, chopped or crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. Brush with a thin layer of olive oil.
- Pre-heat a large heavy pan to medium/high heat. Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil in pan.
- While the oil is heating, combine the crushed almonds, panko, and lemon zest in a medium shallow bowl. Dip salmon fillets into mixture and place in pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes per side or until the almond are golden and the center is cooked through. Note, the salmon will continue to cook as it rests.