Spicy shrimp with zucchini noodles and peanuts all done in one pan in under 10 minutes! Just 200 calories per serving and 21 grams of carbs makes this the perfect low-carb dish!
Another bowl of delicious zucchini noodles is happening today! what’s not to love when Thai flavors are combined with shrimp and my favorite low-carb zucchini noodles.
The healthy, affordable, and simple veggie known as zucchini (AKA zucchini noodles, ZOODLES) makes it possible to transform pasta and noodles into healthy fat burning dishes in not time at all.
This easy zoodle shrimp pad thai is extremely easy to make and is ready in under 10 minutes! That’s right, imagine in just 10 minutes this healthy, flavorful dinner can be on you table.
It all starts with the spiralized zucchini of course, and because the spiralized zucchini cooks in minutes, it’s the last ingredient added to the dish. So let’s begin by spiralizing the zucchini noodles and in this case, we’re going to sprilaized some carrots as well!
Next the shrimp is cooked with the garlic for just a few minutes or until it begins to turn pink. The thai sauce is then added along with the spiralized noodles and carrots. Mixed for a minute just until it begins to boil and that’s it. You’re pretty much done with the cooking and all that’s needed now is some crushed peanuts to go on top!
10 Minute Low-Carb Shrimp Zoodle Pad Thai
- 3-4 large zucchinis, spiralized
- 1 large carrots, spiralized
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ lamb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup green onion pieces, sliced (optional)
- ¼ cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts, crushed or chopped
- For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar (or honey)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (or Worcestershire sauce)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha or chili garlic sauce
- Spiralize 2-3 large zucchini and 1 large carrot. Set aside.
- To make the sauce: Whisk all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat a large heavy-duty pan to high heat. Pour in the oil and stir in the garlic and shrimp. Cook shrimp and garlic for just 2 minutes or until the shrimp begins to turn pink. Pour in the sauce, green onions and zucchini noodles. Mix until fully combined. Once the sauce begins to boil turn off heat.
- transfer noodles onto 4 individual serving bowls or a large bowl. Top with crushed peanuts and cilantro or basil. Serve hot!