Crispy quesadillas filled with beans, sautéed onions, bell pepper, avocado and lots of cheese. These avocado black bean quesadillas are filling and make a great vegetarian meal too!
Happy New Year! It’s been a great year in food and I want to thank every single one of you for supporting this small blog which has become more than just a full-time job for me. It’s become place to share healthier cooking options and hopefully have a positive impact on the way you eat and think about food!
I have many more healthy, creative, and delicious recipes in store for 2017 and I can NOT wait to share every recipe with you all! I wish you and your family a safe and happy new year, filled with plenty of delicious healthy home cooking, and lots of happy tummies! 🙂
If you’re following me on Instagram, then you might have seen my top 9 Instagram posts of 2016! Broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini and lots of cheese are some of my reader favorites!
2017 kicks off with delicious avocado, veggie and bean packed quesadillas that are crispy on the outside, and cheesy on the inside. They make a great lunch and are also very filling too! I don’t know if it’s just me but there’s just something magical about avocado and melted cheese 😀
Serve with your favorite salsa or low-fat sour-cream and enjoy! 😀
Avocado Black Bean Quesadillas
- ½ onion, sliced
- ½ bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup black beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 4 medium soft flour tortillas
- 2 avocados, peeled, halved, seeded and sliced
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- 1 lime, cut in half
- 1 cup light Mexican, Cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- oil or cooking spray for grilling
- In a medium pan over medium-high heat, saute onion and bell pepper in 1 tablespoon oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add the black beans and taco seasoning. Cook for another minute. Transfer mixture into a small bowl and set aside.
- Rinse and wipe down pan and return to heat. Drizzle with a light layer of oil or spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, lightly mash the avocados with a fork. Stir in cilantro and juice of ½ lime, season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread a quarter of mashed avocado onto half of a tortilla. Top with bean mixture and ¼th cup of cheese. Fold the tortilla closed over the veggies. Repeat until all tortillas are filled and all fillings are used.
- Cook on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes per side or until the outside is crispy and cheese has fully melted. Serve with your favorite salsa or sour-cream, Enjoy!