Quick teriyaki chicken and broccoli meal prep bowls make a tasty healthy lunch for the entire work week in under 20 minutes.This meal-prep version of teriyaki chicken is perfect for lunch time. It will satisfy the need for take-out without the extra calories. The chicken is not too sweet or to salt and covered in a sticky teriyaki glaze. We like to add broccoli for extra crunch and fiber but the chicken is also great alone!
The dish comes together in under 20 minutes and makes 4-5 days of lunch. Prepare these meal prep dishes on Sunday or after work, and enjoy an entire weeks worth of delicious lunch.
To begin, simply chop chicken breasts into small cubes and saute in a pan. Next, add my simple teriyaki sauce to the chicken and stir until the sauce is thick and glossy. At this point, feel free to add broccoli, bell pepper, onion, or any of your favorite veggies to the pan. Saute until the veggies are soft and your pretty much done!
Divide the mixture into meal prep containers and refrigerate for up to 5 days. Serve with brown rice, quinoa or your favorite rice.
Meal Prep - Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 bell pepper, sliced into strips
- sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 meal prep containers
- For the teriyaki sauce:
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- Heat a large pan to medium-high heat. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook until no longer pink 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk all the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce in a small bowl.
- Add the teriyaki sauce to chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes or until sauce is thick.Remove chicken from heat.
- Add the broccoli florets and bell pepper to the same pan. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until the bell pepper is slightly softened.
- Divide the chicken and broccoli into 4 meal prep containers. Add ½ cup of brown rice into each container. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional) and cover. refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Nutritional Facts for chicken and broccoli:
Nutritional Facts with Brown Rice: