Finger lickin’ sesame chicken is sticky, sweet, savory and super easy to make. Forget about take-out because this healthier version is 1000x better than any restaurant sesame chicken and comes together in 20 minutes. Last week I shared my favorite beef and broccoli stir-fry recipe. And because you all enjoyed it so much, I thought it’s about time I pull out this finger lickin’ sesame chicken.
This sesame chicken is one of those meals that you can whip up in just about 20 minutes, in on pan, easy clean up. The chicken is cut into small bite size pieces so it cooks super fast and the yummy sesame sauce comes together in under a minute.
All that’s left to do is to coat the chicken pieces in cornstarch and stir fry for 5-6 minutes or until browned. Add the sesame soy, simmer for just a few minutes until the sauce is thick and sticky and that’s it! Serve on white rice or noodles and enjoy this lightened up healthy version of sesame chicken any day of the week.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1/2 inch strips or cubes)
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch each salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or sesame
- Cooked white rice for serving
- Small bunch spring onions scallions, chopped
- For the sauce
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sriracha add more for more heat
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil optional
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, honey, sriracha, ginger, garlic, sesame seeds and sesame oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, cornstarch, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Heat a large pan over high heat for at least 2 minutes. Add oil and chicken to pan. Stir-fry chicken for 5-6 minutes or until it's golden brown. Add the sauce and allow the sauce to simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the sauce is thick and sticky.
- Remove chicken from pan, sprinkle with chopped spring onions and more sesame seeds if desired. Serve with hot white rice or noodles.
Steve Mills says
we’ve made this a number of times and it comes out perfect every time! But because we love the sauce i double up the sauce
Excelente sugestão ! Vou fazer.
This was DELICIOUS. I used powdered ginger and garlic because that was what I had in the house and it still turned out wonderful.
Kamryn Staley says
This was a really easy recipe and tasted really good. I will definitely be making this again.
Really easy & very tasty. I made double sauce & next time may make even more.
I don’t understand where 270 calories comes from, especially if you include white rice.
I used my fitness pal and it actually comes to 457 Calories. Not sure where the 270 came from. Just try be careful not to mislead people especially if they think they are eating a low calorie meal when they aren’t 🙂
I used extra soy sauce and my calorie count for just the chicken part was about 280 per serving. With rice this would be more, but since the recipe doesn’t specify how much rice it makes sense to not include that calorie count in the nutrition information as it will depend on how much rice someone eats with it.
Is it possible to freeze the raw chicken in this marinade for later use?
Didn’t have a lot of honey or any ginger but it was still delicious. I doubled the recipe because I had almost 2lbs of chicken. Wish there was more sauce to coat the rice though, not sure if adding less corn starch or just tripling the sauce recipe would do that.
This is definitely one of the most easiest yet so tasty and rich-flavored chicken recipe I have cooked so far. The whole family loved it, too. So glad that I got to get all my needed ingredients in Karman Foods, fast and hassle-free.
Glad to hear that!
This is a great recipe, thank you so much it’s impossible to tear yourself away, it’s so tasty and fast.