Your favorite Thai flavors packed into these simple, healthy and delicious chicken wraps with spicy peanut sauce. These Starbucks style wraps take less than 30 mins to come together and make bistro boxes for the entire week.
We’re stepping up meal prepping this week with these Starbucks style Thai chicken wraps. I had them a while back and they were really good but way to pricy for such a small meal.
This week we prepped 4 bistro boxes for less than the price of one bistro box. We also paired these boxes with a spicy Thai peanut sauce that is perfectly salty, sweet, and spicy.
The wraps are loaded with lean chicken (you can grill fresh chicken breasts or use any pre-cooked chicken you have on hand), thinly sliced carrots, cucumber, cabbage, and red pepper. The crunch of the veggies along with the chicken and vibrant flavors of the peanut sauce is an insane flavor explosion in your mouth.
We used roasted red pepper tortillas that we found at our local supermarket but any type of flour tortillas will work just as well. To go with the bistro box theme, we also packed some grapes to go along with the wraps but berries or any other fruit will work great too!
Thai Chicken Wraps Bistro Boxes Meal-Prep
- 2 4 oz each chicken breasts pounded flat (or 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken, see note*)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sliced cabbage red or green
- 1 heaping cup red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 heaping cup carrots thinly sliced
- 1/2 seedless cucumber thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/2 heaping cup chopped cilantro leaves and stems
- For the peanut sauce:
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon sesame or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon sriracha or hot sauce optional
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- To assemble:
- 3 8'' flour tortillas ( see note*)
- 1/4 cup peanuts crushed
- 2 cups grapes
- 4 meal prep containers
- 4 2 oz Portion Cups
Heat a large heavy-duty pan to medium-high heat (1-2 minutes). Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and cook chicken in pan until golden and cooked through, 5-6 minutes per side. Remove from pan and cool for 5 minutes then chop into chunks or slices. Set aside. Alternatively, you can use any cooked chicken breasts you want for this recipe instead, if desired.
While the chicken is cooking, chop all of your veggies into thin "Julienne" style strips. In a medium bowl, whisk all the ingredients for the peanut sauce.
To assemble:Lay a flour tortilla on a clean flat surface. Fill tortilla with 1/3rd of each of the veggies, cilantro, chicken, peanuts, and drizzle with a tablespoon of peanut sauce. Fold into a tight burrito and slice into 4 rolls. Repeat with 2 remaining tortillas.
Place 3 rolls in each meal prep container (there should be 12 rolls in total enough for 4 meal prep containers). Divide the remaining peanut sauce 4 small (2oz) portion cups and cover. Add about 1/2 cup of grapes into meal prep containers. Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days. To eat, warm in microwave or eat cold, as desired.
* I like to cook my chicken fresh for these wraps but rotisserie, frozen grilled, or any cooked chicken you have on hand will also work.
*I used sundried tomato tortillas that I found at my local Aldi supermarket but any type of soft flour tortilla will work too.