Seasoned with olive oil and italian spices then roasted to perfection, this sheet pan chicken and rainbow veggies is great for meal prep and makes a healthy lunch or dinner too!
Meal prepping is a must if you go to work, school or like to have healthy meals on hand at all times. Having healthy meals on hand will make your day and week run a lot smoother. This means you wont end up needing to purchase last-minute un-healthy fast food. You can prep the entire weeks meals on the weekend so you’ll always have tasty healthy food at reach. I assure you it’s well worth the extra effort and will also save you a lot of money.
This sheet pan roasted chicken and rainbow veggies is a great dish to make if your just starting to meal prep or if you just want easy toss in the oven kind of dinner.
The chicken and veggies are loaded with spices and drizzled with olive oil, then roasted in the oven for 20 minutes or until charred and tender. Since the chicken breasts are cut into small cubes, they cook at the same rate as the veggies making it that much easier to cook everything at the same rate.
Divide the chicken and veggies into individual meal prep containers on a handful of brown rice or quinoa or your favorite type of rice and enjoys a weeks worth of meals all done in under 30 minutes!
Meal Prep - Healthy Chicken and Veggies
- 2 medium chicken breasts, boneless skinless cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup broccoli florets, frozen or fresh
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup grape or plum tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-4 cups cooked rice of choice, optional
- 4 meal prep containers
- Pre-heat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Place the chicken and veggies in the baking dish. Sprinkle all the spices and garlic evenly over the chicken and veggies. Drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the veggies are charred and chicken is tender.
- Place 1/2 or 1 cup of cooked rice of choice into 4 individual meal prep containers. Divide chicken and veggies evenly on top of the rice. Cover and store in the fridge for up to 5 days or freezer up to 2 months.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.