7 Layer Taco Dip loaded with beans, avocado, cheeses, veggies, and so much more is an incredible appetizer that will be the highlight of your next party. Quick to prepare and great to make in advance, this dish will become your secret weapon.
Hi there! This is Natalya from Momsdish. I love homemade meals that require simple ingredients. We have a few favorites that would you can check out like Stuffed Bell Peppers and Air Fryer Cod. But, I am beyond excited for you to try our favorite taco night treat!
7 Layer Taco Dip
At this point, you might be wondering what exactly taco dip is. Well, it contains all your favorite taco ingredients – taco seasoning, refried beans, shredded cheese, veggies, sour cream, and cream cheese — but in dip form! It is best served in a clear baking dish, so you can see all the colorful and tasty layers. Snag your favorite bag of tortilla chips and get ready to snack!
What’s in 7 Layer Taco Dip
- Beans: Refried pinto beans work best. You can spread them evenly across the bottom of your serving dish and they are the best for dipping. If you’re not a fan, refried black beans are delicious as well.
- Sour cream and Cream Cheese: Sour cream adds such an awesome tanginess to the dip. When combined with cream cheese, you get the best of both worlds! Just make sure you let your cream cheese soften at room temperature before you attempt to mix it with the sour cream.
- Shredded Cheese: Bagged, shredded Mexican cheese is where it’s at! It typically has a combination of cheddar and Monterey Jack. You can also solely use shredded cheddar.
- Taco Seasoning: Try your hand at making taco seasoning from scratch! This one has received rave reviews from Gimme Delicious readers. But, if you don’t have the time or energy, use your favorite store-bought taco seasoning.
- Vegetables: Chopped tomatoes, lettuce, green onions, black olives, avocado, and jalapenos are great to sprinkle right on top of your dip — use them all or just pick one!
How to Make 7 Layer Taco Dip
- You’ll need to drain your salsa of any excess liquid so your dip isn’t runny. Do this using a fine-mesh sieve.
- Spread your refried beans on the bottom of a dish.
- Mix your cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning together with a fork. Spread over the beans.
- Next, spread your mashed avocado on top, then your cheddar cheese followed by chopped tomatoes.
- Top your dip with any of the optional garnishes.
- Let the dip chill for at least an hour before serving!
How Long Does 7 Layer Dip Last in the Fridge?
Avocado tends to brown within a day or so. Once it does, your dip won’t look too hot. I suggest making this dip when you know it is going to get gobbled up the day of. Super Bowl parties, BBQs and potlucks are great occasions for taco dip!
7 Layer Taco Dip
- 16 oz refried beans
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 4 oz cream cheese softened to a room temperature
- 12 oz sour cream
- 3 large avocados mashed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large tomato chopped
- cilantro for garnish
- 1 avocado for garnish
- In a deep dish spread refried beans.
- Combine cream cheese together with sour cream and taco seasoning. Apply it on top of the refried beans.
- Spread mashed avocado on top, followed by shredded cheddar cheese. Sprinkle chopped tomatoes.
- Top off the dip with any additional garnish.