Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies are crispy on the outside, and soft & chewy on the inside. These delicious cookies and are cooked in the air fryer in under 10 minutes!
Ever since I started air frying I’ve made anything from fries to chicken tenders, burgers, bagels, and just about anything in between. My air fryer has become my new go-to device in the kitchen. It cooks extremely quickly without over-heating my apartment. Plus there’s no need to pre-heat it most of the time!
Today I decided to try my favorite chocolate chip cookies in the air fryer and the result was amazing! The cookies cook in just 5 minutes and make a nice crispy exterior and a soft and chewy interior. We made a large batch of cookie dough and saved the rest in the freezer for easy chocolate chip cookies anytime we want.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies in the Air Fryer
To make these air fryer chocolate chip cookies, begin gathering all your ingredients.
Next, whisk the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla until nice and fluffy, and then stir in the remaining ingredients.
At this point go ahead and cover the dough and place it in the fridge for 30 minutes or up to 3 days. You can skip this step if you are in a rush but refrigerate the tough helps set the butter and helps the cookies develop flavor and texture while baking.
Lastly, go ahead and line your air fryer with parchment paper and scoop cookie batter into the air fryer. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you should be able to fit 2-5 cookies about 1/5 inches apart to allow space for spreading.
On a final note, be sure to allow the cookies to rest in the air fryer basket (outside the air fryer) for 2-3 minutes after baking. This helps them set and makes them easier to pick up.
How to Freeze Cookie Batter
Store remaining cookie dough in the fridge or freezer easy air fryer cookies anytime! Scoop dough into balls and place in ziplock bags. Store in the fridge for up to 7 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Pro Tip: Store remaining cookie dough in the fridge or freezer easy air fryer cookies anytime! Scoop dough into balls and place in ziplock bags. Store in the fridge for up to 7 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To Bake: Remove straight into the air fryer and add an additional 1-2 minutes of baking time.
Parchment Paper Substitutes
You can use aluminum foil instead of parchment paper but you can not bake cookies as-is on the air fryer rack because the batter will leak through the holes. You can however bake them straight on the air fryer without a basket if desired.
Small foil pans (think take-out foil pans) work great as air fryer liners as well.
Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 1 stick
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature if possible
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl for 10-20 seconds or just until the butter begins to melt. Add the brown and white sugars and beat until fully combined. Beat in the egg and vanilla and beat for another 30 seconds. Stir in remaining ingredients until fully combined.
- Place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes to overnight (optional step). Line the air fryer racks with parchment paper. Scoop 2-tablespoon dough balls into the air fryer basket, about 1.5 inches apart. You should be able to fit 2-4 depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Air Fryer at 325F degrees F for 5-7 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Allow cookies to rest 2-3 minutes in the air fryer before removing.