Now is the perfect time to create the juiciest and delicious Air Fryer Cheeseburgers ever! You can cook them in under 10 minutes in your air fryer, and they are absolutely succulent, cooked to perfection, and crave-worthy.
There really isn’t much better than a burger that has been cooked perfectly. Using your air fryer gives you an amazing texture and flavor that you just can’t resist. The best part is you don’t even have to fire up the grill to make these air fryer cheeseburgers.
Plus, you can add all your favorite toppings and customize each burger. You can serve these for dinner parties or even on this busy weeknights when you really don’t feel like cooking.
What You’ll Need To Make Air Fryer Cheeseburgers
- Ground beef: I recommend using a lean cut of ground beef. It has less fat and is going to drip a lot less and you’ll have a lot less smoke from your air fryer using lean meat.
- Shredded cheese: You can use any variety of shredded cheese that you like. I like to use cheddar, but there are plenty of other tasty options out there. Pepper jack, mozzarella, and Colby jack would all be great options.
- Liquid smoke: I like adding a little bit of liquid smoke to my cheeseburgers. It makes them taste like they’ve been cooked on the grill. But it’s not overwhelming. It’s completely optional!
- Worcestershire sauce: A little bit of Worcestershire sauce is wonderful with these cheeseburgers. If you don’t like it, you can leave it out if you want to; it’s completely up to you.
- Salt & Pepper: Use as little or as much salt and pepper as you desire. I usually stick with about half a teaspoon of each, but you can always increase or decrease that amount.
How Do You Make Air Fryer Cheeseburgers
Preparing cheeseburgers in your air fryer couldn’t be any easier. First, you’ll need to start out by warming up the air fryer to 400° Fahrenheit. Let it heat for 3 minutes.
Mix together the ground beef, cheese, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Divide the ground beef into four patties that are evenly sized and shape them into beef patties. Leave beef patties in the basket of the air fryer. Make sure they’re in a single layer and cook them for 5 minutes. Then flip them over and cook them for an additional 3 minutes.
Add a piece of American cheese and leave in the air fryer for another minute so the cheese can melt.
Pro Tip: After you remove the burgers from the air fryer, go ahead and toast buns. They will turn out lovely.
Do I Need To Add Oil To The Air Fryer?
No, you do not need to add any oil to the air fryer. The burgers themselves have enough natural grease in them that they should not stick and will flip easily.
What Are Some Topping Ideas For These Cheeseburgers?
Veggies: Any of your favorite vegetables would work. Lettuce, tomato, grilled onions, mushrooms, any of your favorite vegetables would work. Don’t be afraid to add any of your go-to vegetables to these cheeseburgers.
Condiments: Our favorite way to enjoy these burgers is with my ultimate burger sauce. It’s a quick sauce that takes less than 5 minutes to make and really takes these burgers to the next level. Check out the recipe HERE.
Cheese: I typically use American cheese, but you could use any other melting cheese slices.
What Should I Serve With Cheeseburgers
These are our favorite side items that go fantastic with these air fryer cheeseburgers.
- Cheesy Broccoli Fritters
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges
Air Fryer Cheeseburgers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese any variety, I use cheddar. (optional)
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat Air Fryer on 400 degrees F for at least 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Divide ground beef into 4 even portions and form into round patties.
- Place patties in a single layer in the pre-heated Air Fryer basket.
- Cook on 400 degrees F for 5 minutes, flip and cook another 3 minutes (8 minutes total) or until cooked through or to the desired doneness. Top with American cheese if desired and air fry another minute to melt the cheese.
- Toast buns in the air fryer after removing the burgers
- No oil needed as the burgers should not stick and flip easily