Chicken marinated in homemade buffalo sauce can be grilled or pan seared and works great on salads, tacos, sandwiches, pizza, or casseroles. If you like buffalo chicken then this recipe is a most. It’s one of the easier recipes I have on hand because it’s super easy to make in is great in a ton of dishes. I like to use buffalo chicken on salads or pizza and often times we buffalo chicken tacos with this easy all-purpose chicken.
I added honey and earthy spices to this buffalo chicken to balance the spicy level of the buffalo and give it an extra kick. To make the chicken simply combine hot sauce, honey, butter, lime, and spices. Marinate the chicken in this zesty marinade for 1-2 hours or overnight night. If you’re in a rush you can marinate the chicken and cook right away but be sure to brush extra marinade on the chicken while it’s cooking for extra flavor!
After the chicken is marinated you simply cook it in a very hot skillet or grill it on a grill until the outside is crispy and charred.
I like to marinate a lot of chicken in place them in ziplock bags in the fridge or freezer then cook as needed. For the perfect flavor combo, this chicken is best served with buffalo or blue cheese sauces.
All Purpose Buffalo ChickenPrint Rate
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs* see note below
- 1 tablespoon oil for pan
- For the marinade:
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, Whisk together all of the Buffalo Marinade ingredients. Pour half the marinade mixture into a large zip bag or a deep dish. Add the chicken and combine until fully coated. Marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hours or over night. Reserve the remaining sauce or glazing the chicken
- To cook in pan: Heat a large heavy-duty pan or skillet over high heat for 2 minutes. Once the pan is hot, add the oil and chicken to the pan. Cook chicken uncovered for 6-7 minutes per side, while brushing the remaining sauce on the chicken every few minutes, until the outside is charred and the inside is fully cooked. Remove chicken to a cutting board and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting. Cut into slices or small squares. Brush or pour any remaining sauce on the chicken before serving, is desired.
- To Grill Chicken: Grease and Preheat grill to about 400°F. Place chicken on grill and grill for 6-7 minutes per side or until the outside is charred and the center is fully cooked. Brush the remaining marinade on the chicken each time you flip it. Remove from grill and cool for at least 5 minutes before cutting. Brush remaining marinade, if any, on the chicken, if desired.