Crispy Oven-Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings are so easy to prepare with no need for oil or deep frying. The result is SUPER crispy wings that are not only incredibly delicious but so much healthier too!
Who needs takeout? Save your money and make the best Crispy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings you have ever tasted with this easy recipe.
What Are Buffalo Wings?
Buffalo wings are smaller portions of large chicken wings that are typically seasoned and coated with hot sauce. It is common for the chicken wings to get fried in a deep fryer, but this leads to excessive oil. While some people might not mind the oil, this version of the Crispy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings is better for you and tastes so much better too!
How Do You Make the Crispy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings?
Making the Crispy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings is simple. Set your oven to 450 degrees. In the meantime, get your baking sheet ready with cooking spray.
Grab a bowl and combine your garlic powder, baking powder, pepper, and salt. Set your seasoning blend off to the side and remove your chicken wings from the package. Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel to get rid of any extra moisture.
Grab your seasonings and begin sprinkling them over your chicken wings. Place the wings on the baking rack and put them in the oven, allowing them to cook for 50 minutes. Pull the wings out at the halfway point and flip them to allow both sides to cook evenly.
While you wait for your chicken wings to get done, prepare your buffalo sauce. You will need to place your hot sauce in a skillet on the stove and set it to medium heat.
Add some honey and butter to the sauce, whisking these three ingredients together until blended. You may then cover your chicken wings in the sauce.
Which Hot Sauce Is the Best to Use?
You can use any hot sauce you have available in your refrigerator. However, there are a few good brands to choose from, including Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo Sauce, and Louisiana Hot Sauce.
Can I Use Margarine as a Butter Substitute?
If you do not typically use butter, you can always substitute it for margarine. It will still do the job as well as the butter when you add it to your hot sauce with the honey. Using butter is simply a way to reduce the heat level of the sauce. You can add a bit more butter or margarine than the recipe calls for if you want to make your hot sauce have less of a kick to it.
What to Serve With the Crispy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
Serve your Crispy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings with a side of homemade fries in the air fryer or oven. Along with preparing some crispy fries, you may want to serve these wings with a side of celery sticks and ranch dressing or bleu cheese. You can dip your wings and your celery sticks in one of these dips for added flavor. Other sides to make include cucumber salad, air-fried onion rings, or homemade macaroni and cheese.
Crispy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
- 2 lb chicken wings
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a rack coated with cooking spray and place it on a baking sheet.
- To a small bowl; mix the garlic powder, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Keep it aside.
- To a large bowl add the wings and remove the moisture with paper towels. Sprinkle the spice mix and coat the wings well.
- Arrange the wings to the prepared baking rack and bake for 50 minutes flipping the wings halfway through until crispy. Transfer them to a bowl and keep them aside.
- To prepare the buffalo sauce; add the hot sauce to a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the honey and butter. Whisk the sauce until smooth and off the heat.
- Pour the sauce over the crispy wings. Toss to coat. Transfer them to a plate and serve them warm.