Spring is in the air so let’s celebrate!
I wanted to make something on Saturday that I can also use the next day for mother’s day brunch. I wanted something perfect.. not too sweet, not too salty, nothing chocolaty, just a perfect cake for Mother’s Day brunch.
I decided to go with banana cake because it’s the perfect mixture of dessert and brunch. You can basically have it for breakfast, brunch or dessert.
If you love carrot cake your going to love this this moist and flavorful cake. It’s super simple to make and made with everyday ingredients then topped with a heavenly buttercream cream cheese frosting.
I used real bananas and mashed them up and then mixed them right into the batter. The bananas literally melt in our mouth as soon as you bite into the cake!
Banana Cake with Cream Cheese FrostingPrint
- Banana Cake
- 1 cup mashed bananas 2-3 bananas
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour milk Can make at home by mixing milk with 1 teaspoon vinegar and allowing to stand for 10 minutes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 8 ounces unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease two round 9'' cake pans or one 13x9 pan, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large bowl, Add eggs and mix well, Add flour and baking soda and mix until combined. Next add the mashed bananas, milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Pour batter into two prepared 9 inch pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
- For the Frosting:
- Beat the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer on high. Next lower the speed to low and add the powder sugar half a cup at a time until it is fully combines. Beat in the vanilla extract