If your a BBQ lover then your going to love this pizza. Loaded with BBQ chicken, onions, and ranch this pizza is sure to satisfy the BBQ lover in you. I could have added bacon and called it a BBQ Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza but I’m still not quite on board with the whole bacon thing, so I decided not to add it. If your a bacon lover, then by all means, go ahead and add some bacon! I’m sure it’s going to taste great as well. That’s what I love about pizza, you can omit or add just about anything you want to suit your taste!
I added onions to the chicken because I love it how the onions and chicken caramelize with the barbeque sauce; but then again, the onions are optional. For the base I used a mixture of ranch and barbeque sauce instead of marinara and topped that with the chicken and onions.
- 1 batch of your fave pizza crust
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 medium chicken breast sliced
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or any other type of oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Heat a medium skillet on high heat. pour 1 tablespoon oil onto pan, pour chicken and onions. saute for 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup BBQ sauce and saute for another 3-5 minutes until the chicken and onions begin to caramelize. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/4 cup ranch dressing and remaining 1/4 cup BBQ sauce. Set aside.
- If making the pizza in a pan grease pan with oil and sprinkle with cornmeal or flour. Spread pizza dough into a large circle about 12 inch in diameter. Spread the BBQ/Ranch mixture on the pizza. Add the chicken and onion mixture. Sprinkle the toppings with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in low rack for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and slice.