Lately I’ve been enjoying dinner at this amazing Vietnamese place in south Philly. We actually discovered it accidentally while looking for a place to eat and now it’s become one of our favorite places. Aside from the Pho, this beef stir fry is our favorite from the menu. It’s packed with sooo much flavor and texture.
We went back for it at least 4-5 times before I decided to start making it at home. Sure beats paying $12! plus, my husband loved my version so much better!
First I was a little hesitant and thought it was a complicated dish because it’s so flavorsome but turns out, it’s super easy to make and is ready in less than 15 minutes. You’ll find most of the ingredients in your local supermarket, the only thing you might need from the asian market is the wide rice noodles.
I cooked it just like we have it at the restaurant using beef, noodles, bean sprouts, onions, and green scallions (green onions). I’ve also tried adding broccoli, kale, and thinly sliced carrots. You can also omit the onions and scallions as well. The only mandatory ingredients for this recipe are the noodles, marinade, and beef, everything else is up to you.
One of the most important tips to making this recipe (or any other stir fry) is to make sure to have everything prepared ahead of time. Your going to need to have everything ready because you will need to work fast. Also be sure to leave the heat on high the entire time so you can extract all the wonderful flavor. Enjoy! 🙂
- 6 ounces uncooked wide rice flour noodles rice sticks
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1 cup green bean sprouts
- 2/3 pound top sirloin steak cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon dry ginger
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha hot chile sauce (optional but highly recommended)
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- Cook noodles according to package directions, be sure not to over cook. Drain and rinse under cold water; drain. set aside
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl. Pour half the marinade mixture on the beef and fully combine. Set the rest of the marinade aside.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add canola oil to pan and heat for 30 seconds then add the beef. Stir fry for 1 minute, remove beef from pan into a small bowl and set aside. Next add the onions into the same pan, stir fry for 1 minute. Add the bean sprouts onto the onions and stir fry for 30 seconds. Now add the noodles, the rest of the marinade and the beef into the pan, stir fry for 1 minute or until noodles are thoroughly heated, tossing to combine. Lastly add the green onions and stir to combine. Serve hot!