I’ve always been the type of person that loves “finger food”. You know.. food that’s convent and easy to eat with fingers; Kinda like appetizers. These buffalo chicken stuffed potatoes are perfect for just that because they are not too big or too small. They can be eaten as an appetizers, snack or a meal since they are packed with protein (from the chicken) and calcium (from the cheese).
These potatoes are twice baked but are ready from start to finish in 20 minutes or under. First they are steamed in the microwave for 10 minutes to cook them then filled with a buffalo chicken and cheese mixture and baked in the oven for 5 minutes just to melt the cheese and get the juices flowing.
You can also bake the potatoes in the oven instead of the microwave but that will take up to 1 hour. I can never wait that long for my potatoes to bake so the microwave is definitely a better option!
- 4 small-medium russet potatoes cleaned (unpeeled)
- 1.5 cups cooked chicken shredded or diced and warm
- 1/3 cup hot buffalo sauce Frank's Red Hot
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup cheddar or blended cheese I used Mexican blend
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 green onions sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- cilantro for garnish optional
- Scrub the potatoes and prick several time with the tines of a fork. Place on a plate then cook on full power in the microwave for 5 minutes. Turn over, and continue to cook for 5 more minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- When the potatoes are cool and cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the middle (into a medium bowl) leaving about 1/4 inch of potato on the skin. Combine 1/2 cup of the cheese with the scooped potatoes, season with salt and pepper. Return mixture into the potatoes (filling almost full) dividing evenly.
- Turn on oven broiler. Mix the hot buffalo sauce & melted butter, then mix in the chicken, season with salt and pepper. Fill the rest of the potatoes with the chicken and top with the cheese.Broil until the cheese has melted, just 5 minutes. Garnish with green onions and cilantro. Serve warm.
Louise Anderson says
Delish. Very very tasty. Will be adding this onto our family rotation menu. Thanks for sharing.
You can use the ranch for dipping sauce. When I make these I mix the ranch into my potatoes (step #2)
Hi ,I have made these for my family and they are one of my sons favourites. We all enjoy them. Just wondering though how the ranch dressing is used in this recipe. Thank- you
wondering the same thing… maybe mix in with the butter and Frank’s?
what about ranch?
I have just printed this recipe and will try it out tonight. Thank you.
WOW! I’m hungry for them and it’s only 7am here in the UK. What camera do you use to take your pictures?
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) says
OMG these are so genius! They look incredible and so flavorful!
Nicole ~ Cooking for Keeps says
Also a sucker for finger foods, although I always end up eating twice as much! Definitely wouldn’t care if I was eating these though, the buffalo, the potatoes — mmmm SO good!
Thanks Nicole! I also LOVEEE finger foods!