If you’re a cheeseburger lover then this cheeseburger pasta casserole is for you. It’s just like a big juicy cheeseburger right in a bowl. Loaded with ground beef, cheese, pasta, and pickles, all the flavors of a burger in a comforting pasta dish!
Oh boy, I don’t even know where to begin with this cheeseburger casserole. Okay, one word.. yummilious! yeah I know it’s not a real word but that’s the only word I can think of that can possibly explain how amazing this cheeseburger casserole is.
I love making casseroles because they’re always easier to store and serve the entire family. It’s basically the whole meal in a big casserole dish. Grab some in a bowl and you are good to go!
How to Make Cheeseburger Pasta Bake
This casserole is fairly easy to make and can be cooked and reheated as needed.
The base is made with a beef and tomato mixture, combined with a layer of pasta (any kind will work fine) then topped with mild cheddar cheese and diced pickles (YUM!).
- Bake the casserole in the same pan: you cook the meat mixture in. After cooking down the meat mixture, add the pasta and cheese to the same skillet and bake! Just be sure it’s oven safe.
- Prep the casserole the night before: Cook down the meat and add the cooked pasta then top with cheese. After this step place, cool down the pasta and place it in the fridge for up to 24 hours or freeze for up to 2 months. To cook, Simply pop in the oven until cooked through and bubbly!
How to Store Leftover Pasta
Store the leftover pasta for the rest of the week or meal-prep it and enjoy it at work!
To store: you can place the cooked pasta dish in the fridge for up to three days. You can freeze the meal for up to three months if you need to save it for longer than three days.
Cheeseburger Pasta Casserole
- 2 cups 6 oz uncooked rotelle pasta (any kind will work fine)
- 1 lb lean ground beef, 90% lean
- 1 cup onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste, or 1 cup marinara sauce
- 28 oz diced tomatoes, or 1 cup fresh diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 cups reduced fat grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta according to the package directions for al dente (about 5-7 minutes) and drain well.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-low heat. Add the onions and cook until lightly golden and soft, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the beef and cook until browned; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the tomato paste or marinara sauce and tomatoes and mustard. Allow to cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- After the pasta and meat are cooked Toss the meat mixture with the pasta and spread it into the prepared dish. Top with the cheddar cheese and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cheesy is fully melted and the casserole is boiling in the edges. Remove from oven and Sprinkle the chopped pickles over the top and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.