Skip the takeout menu and prepare homemade Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry Noodles at home for a fraction of the price. This easy 30-minute dish is healthy, nutritious, and delicious!
What Is Stir Fry?
Stir fry is a form of cooking that involves adding a bit of oil to a skillet, heating it to a high temperature, and then preparing meats and veggies in the skillet. When preparing a stir fry, it helps to toss the ingredients regularly to get them to cook through completely. While people often order Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry Noodles from takeout restaurants, you can skip the excess oil and grease by preparing this recipe at home.
How to Make the Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry Noodles
To make this Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry Noodles, gather all your ingredients ahead of time. You’ll want to make sure everything is prepared and ready because stir-frying is quick and everything must be tossed in as needed.
Begin by marinating this chicken. Marinating the chicken is an optional step but recommended for added flavor.
To marinate the chicken, Add it to a large bowl and Season the chicken with white pepper, salt, cornstarch, and soy sauce. Let the chicken sit in the marinade for at least 30 minutes.
While it marinates, grab your rice noodles and prepare them as directed on the package. You can set the noodles off to the side.
Next, heat your pan over medium-high heat and add oil then toss your garlic into the pan with the oil. Saute the garlic for about a minute before adding your pieces of chicken to the pan.
Cook your chicken for up to four minutes before adding your onions and broccoli to the pan. Continue cooking everything for an additional two minutes.
Toss your noodles into the pan and then add your sauces, including the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and rice vinegar. You can also sprinkle salt and pepper into the pan over your chicken.
Toss your ingredients until you have mixed everything. As a finishing touch, add your sliced green onions and sesame seeds. Serve while hot.
Can You Use Chicken Thighs Instead of Chicken Breast?
If you would rather use chicken thighs, they will taste just as good when used in this recipe. Make sure you select boneless, skinless chicken thighs before you get started. It will make the process of preparing them that much easier for you because you can chop the thighs into cubed pieces with ease.
What to Use If You Do Not Have Rice Vinegar at Home
When you do not have rice vinegar, you can use a few other ingredients as alternatives. White wine vinegar is one alternative. Some of the other substitutes include apple cider vinegar or sherry vinegar. If you have one of these ingredients, feel free to use it as a replacement for the rice vinegar.
How to Store the Leftovers
If you have any Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry Noodles left, put them in a food storage container with a tight lid. Set the container in the fridge and reheat your noodles within three days. You can always choose to freeze your leftovers to save them for up to six months, but there is a good chance you will not need to do that because this meal tastes so good!
Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry Noodles
To marinate Chicken
- 1 lb chicken skinless breast cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Salt to taste
For the Stir-Fry
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup yellow onions, sliced
- 4 oz dried rice noodles
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp green onions, chopped
- In a bowl add the chicken breast cubes along with the white pepper, soy sauce, cornstarch, and salt. Marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare the rice noodles as per the directions given on the package and keep them aside.
- Heat a pan, add oil followed by minced garlic. Saute the garlic for a minute and add the marinated chicken cubes. Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and onions, cook for 2 minutes. Add in the cooked noodles and stir in the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, rice vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Toss the noodles until well combined with chicken and sauces.
- Finally, add the green onions and sesame seeds on top and serve the noodles while it is still warm.