Lately, my brand new secret obsession is avocados. I have them on eggs, rice bowls, bagels, toast, breakfast, lunch, dinner, you name it! They’re in season here and I usually find them on sale, so I’m trying to use them s much as I can before they go out of season. My favorite thing about avocados is their creamy texture and the fact that they are a super healthy source of fat. So I finally realized how ridiculously easy it is to make avocado dressing and how seriously delicious it is!
You know it’s going to be a great day when you dress your salad up with this delicious creamy avocado dressing. Not to hammer all of you vinaigrette salad dressers out there, but I’m on time creamy dressing all the way. Like seriously, who can turn down creamy dressing?! I sure can’t. Ever since I can remember, I’ve always preferred creamy dressings. whether it was Caesar, thousand islands, or the classic ranch, I just can never get enough.
One downside to creamy dressing though is that they are loaded with calories and that sort of defeats the whole purpose of eating a salad. Even a tablespoon or two on a salad can easily pack on at least a hundred calories. Yikes! Luckily, with this healthier alternative to creamy dressing, you can have your salad and eat it too (get it?). Try this healthier dressing on your next salad and I promise your salad will thank you, and you might just come back here and thank me too! 😀
Also, I will be sharing a salad recipe that pairs perfectly with this yummy dressing soon. Keep your eyes peeled for it and give this recipe a try on different types of salads and let me know how it turns out for you!
Healthy Creamy Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1 Avocado
- 1 clove Garlic peeled
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour-cream or greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime or lemon juice or white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Place all the ingredients In a food processor or blender.
- Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides a few times. Thin the salad dressing out with about 1/3 cup water (give or take) until it reaches a desired consistency.
- Keep in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.