Spice up the usual egg salad with the addition of avocado. Avocado makes a delicious and nutritious addition to egg salad and thanks to its naturally creamy texture, you can enjoy egg salad without the adding mayo! If you haven’t tried avocado egg salad then it’s time you enjoy egg salad in a whole new way. A simple nutrition rich ingredient such as avocado with the addition of lemon, salt, pepper and your favorite herbs works wonders and adds much-needed flavor and zest to the typical egg salad. Play around with the herbs and use parsley, dill or chives or use my personal favorite, cilantro, and enjoy a wholesome flavor-packed dish.
It’s packed full of fiber thanks to the avocado and is great if you are on a low-carb, paleo or keto diet or if you simply want a healthy salad. Because avocado is naturally creamy in texture, you won’t need as much mayo to make it creamy. A few tablespoons of Greek yogurt or sour-cream go a long way in making this salad creamy!
Creamy Avocado Egg SaladPrint Rate
- 1 medium avocado pitted and peeled
- 3 hard-boiled eggs peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt sour-cream or light mayonnaise will also work
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro parsley, dill or chives will also work
- Salt and fresh pepper to taste
- In Medium bowl, Add avocados and mash with a spoon until chunky. Add the remaining ingredients and mix with a spoon until creamy.
- Serve on whole-grain toast or enjoy with toasted pita chips.