White chicken and spinach lasagna is creamy, luxuries, and is the ultimate comfort food. The flavors of the marina, mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and cream cheese take lasagna to a whole new level!
I remember a while back I was a little skeptical of cream cheese in lasagna but knew it had to be good because cream cheese Nevers fails me. After trying cream cheese lasagna I never looked back! I make this lasagna ALL the time.
This delicious lasagna is secretly loaded with lots of spinach and lean rotisserie chicken. Every time I have a few cups of leftover rotisserie chicken I opt-in for this lasagna because it literally gives the chicken life and turns it into a world-class meal!
What You Will Need
Pre-cooked shredded or finely chopped chicken. Rotisserie chicken or any leftover chicken you have on hand will work perfectly. If you don’t have rotisserie chicken on hand, simply follow this method for my easy no-fail shredded chicken.
Lasagna noodles. As a side note, this can totally be done with any shape pasta you have on hand and can simply be layered and served as a pasta bake!
Spinach: Raw spinach works best but frozen spinach can be substituted. Be sure to thaw it and drain it of excess water.
Cream Cheese: This is what holds the lasagna together and gives it the creamy flavor. It’s a must-try and is a game-changer!
Diced onion and bell pepper. The bell pepper is not traditionally used in lasagna but it is a personal favorite of mine but is optional and can be skipped.
Shredded Cheese: I like to use a mixture of mozzarella and parmesan for added flavor. The parmesan is also optional but highly recommended.
Marinara Sauce: Here you can get creative and make your own homemade marinara from scratch or use your favorite jarred mozzarella.
How To Make Creamy Chicken Lasagna
Start off by boiling the water for the lasagna noodles. This is what will take the longest so it’s best to get the water boiling while you assemble the rest f the ingredients.
Next, sautee the onion and bell pepper until soft and then add the garlic spices. Turn off the heat and add the shredded chicken, cream cheese, spinach, and half the cheese.
Mix until fully combined and being layering the lasagna then top off with a generous sprinkle of cheese. Lastly, bake for 35-45 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden. Enjoy hot and thank me later!
Creamy Chicken Lasagna
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken I use leftover rotisserie chicken
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced bell pepper optional
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups raw spinach chopped (optional)
- 8 oz cream cheese softened, (one package)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 (26 oz) Jar spaghetti sauce
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large pan to medium/high heat. Toss in onions and cook for 3-5 minutes, until golden and soft. Add bell peppers and cook for another minute. Next add garlic and spices and cook for just 30 seconds. Turn heat off.
- Add shredded chicken, chopped spinach, cream cheese, 1 cup mozzarella, and 1/4 cup parmesan to the cooked veggies (while heat is off) and throughly combine with a spatula (you can also do this in a large bowl).
- Spread 1/3 of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Cover with the chicken mixture, and top with 3 lasagna noodles; repeat. Top with remaining sauce, and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted and the edges are brown and bubbly.
Esperanza G says
I never made lasagna before and this recipe was very easy to follow, not to mention me and my bf loved it so much. It was very delicious! Thank you for this recipe, 10/10 🙂
So glad you enjoyed the lasagna!
mary SCHEPERS says
SOUNDS GOOD BUT i AM NOT CRAZY ABOUT SO MUCH CHEESE FOR HEALTH REASONS.
I did a “white” rendition of this recipe last week and it was amazing! I made a half-recipe… but still ended up using a whole jar of alfredo sauce. I used half ricotta cheese and half mozzarella in the mixture and that worked very well. It was so good that I am making it again right now!
Tried this. It’s delicious!
Looks delicious but where and when do you add the jar of spaguetti sauce? it is not included in the instructions. Only in the ingredient list.
The first step says, put one-third of the sauce… What they don’t say is, spread one-third of the chicken…
Brenda Troyer says
This looks wonderful!
What is the nutrional facts for this yummy looking receipt?
Medha @ Whisk & Shout says
This looks so cheesy and totally delicious 🙂
Chicken and cream cheese! This lasagna without doubt is very yummy!