An easy cold pasta salad packed with peas, corn, bell pepper, bacon, pasta and a creamy dressing. This cold salad tastes better every day and is great meal prep option! It may be winter and totally cold around here but I couldn’t hold myself back from making one of my ultimate pasta salads. This salad screams summer and will brighten up your winter with just a few bites.
It’s loaded with creamy peas, corn, bacon, bell pepper and pasta cooked al dente. It’s dressed in a creamy dressing that pairs perfectly with the veggies.
To begin you will need to cook your pasta al dente then crisp and chop a few slices of turkey bacon on the stove top. Chop a sweet red or yellow bell pepper, green or purple onions, and cilantro or parsley.
For the peas and corn, I used these handy Libby’s® Sweet Peas and Whole Kernel Sweet Corn Pouches. They’re completely microwavable so no need for pots or containers. You can enjoy hot nutritious veggies in less than 60 seconds or eat them cold straight out of the pouch. They come in 5 delicious flavors – Sweet Peas, Cut Green Beans, Sliced Carrots, Whole Kernel Sweet Corn and Mixed Vegetables – all grown and packed in the United States!
The final step is to simply combine the pasta and veggies with a mixture of sour cream, mayo, and honey. The result is a crunchy creamy bite loaded with flavor and texture. It’s also great for meal-prep or making ahead of time because the flavors mingle and become even tastier every day.
- 8 ounces Rotini or other small pasta
- 8 slices turkey bacon
- 1 cup sweet peas I used Libby's Sweet Peas Pouch
- 1 cup corn kernels I used Libby's Sweet Corn Pouch
- 1/2 cup finely diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced green or red onion
- 2 tablespoons cilantro or parsley optional
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons white wine or plain vinegar optional
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt adjust to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or sugar
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Stir in pasta and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until al dente, drain.
- Place bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook until evenly brown. Drain and chop.
- Whisk all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl.
- Place the pasta, bacon, peas, corn, bell pepper, onion and cilantro in a large bowl. Top with the dressing and gently mix to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Stir again just before serving. Enjoy!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Libby’s Fruits & Vegetables. The opinions and text are all mine.