Chicken breasts cooked in a creamy garlic parmesan cream sauce. This quick and flavorful one skillet 20-minute dish is great on with pasta or a side of veggies!
Garlic and parmesan are a match made in heaven. I’m addicted to garlic. I love the smell and flavor of garlic simmering in olive oil or butter. There really is no better aroma or flavor. Add parmesan to the fragrant garlic and you’ve got yourself a flavor combo that is out of this world.
This quick and tasty garlic and parmesan chicken is super easy to make so it’s great for busy weeknights when you just need to whip up something fast. It’s all made in one pan in under 20 minutes. The chicken is first cooked in olive oil and seasoned with just salt and pepper. After the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the pan and add some minced garlic to the same pan. Cook the garlic for no more than 30 seconds just to until it begins to turn golden.
The next step is adding the cream, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese. I used light cream but half & half or heavy cream will work too! If you’re a fan of spinach like we are, toss in a cup of chopped spinach at this point! Simmer the sauce for a few minutes then return the chicken to the pan. Enjoy this creamy chicken on pasta or with a side of veggies!
Creamy Parmesan Garlic Chicken
- 4 small-medium chicken breasts or 2 large halved
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup light cream or half & half, or heavy cream
- 1 tablespoons Italian seasoning or oregano
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup spinach chopped (optional)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large heavy skillet or pan. Add chicken to the pan and cook for 5-6 minute per side or until the outside is golden and the chicken is cooked through (cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts).
- Remove chicken from the pan, reduce heat to low-medium, and add garlic; stir for 30 seconds. Add the cream or half and half, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine. Stir in 1 cup of chopped spinach if desired. Simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Return chicken to the pan and simmer for another minute then turn off heat. Spoon sauce over chicken. Serve with pasta or veggies.