Pasta with spinach and mushrooms sautéed in butter and garlic then baked in parmesan cream sauce.A pasta casserole is the perfect weeknight dish because it’s warm and comforting and feeds the entire family. This spinach and mushroom pasta is creamy and full of flavor thanks to my favorite garlic parmesan cream sauce. I sautéed onions, garlic, mushrooms and spinach then added cream and parmesan and mixed the cream sauce in with the pasta, topped with mozzarella cheese and baked until bubbly. The result is a creamy, hearty pasta that is sure to please the entire family! This pasta with spinach and mushrooms comes together in under 30 minutes and stores can be prepped ahead of time and frozen. I like to use the 14 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set OXO glass bakeware because it’s made of thermal shock resistant borosilicate glass, which means the Bakeware can go from freezer to oven or microwave without cracking – both lines can withstand up to 250 degrees Fahrenheit of temperature change so you can freeze a casserole or any other dish then toss it into the oven!
Creamy Spinach and Mushroom Pasta BakePrint Rate
- 12 oz pasta uncooked
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 pound mushrooms of choice thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 cup light cream or half and half
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. onion and mushrooms, cook for 2-3 minute or until the mushrooms are soft and tender. Add garlic, spinach, italian seasoning, and salt + pepper. cook for another minute.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in vegetable broth and then cream, and cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in parmesan just before turning off heat.
- Pour cooked pasta into a large 13x9 baking dish. Top with spinach mushroom cream sauce. Drizzle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until bubbly.
Disclosure: I received a OXO 14-Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store set to try out and let you guys know how they are and I couldn’t be happier with my new set!