Crispy baked parmesan wedges coated in a flavorful parmesan garlic spice blend and served with blue cheese ranch dipping sauce.Hey friends, I’ve got another super easy and super delicious dish for you today! So here’s the story… Once upon a time I was the kind of person that would make french fries all the time. Yes, fried in oil. I made them so much to the point that I started gaining weight. Eventually after realizing how bad it was I started eating healthier and I’m happy to say that I haven’t fried anything since. Now I baked everything and I’m glad I do because It’s so much healthier and tastes just as good, if not better than frying.
So let’s get down to it with these crispy baked potato wedges. They are coated with parmesan and a delicious spice blend, then drizzled with olive oil and baked until crispy and golden. The spices, garlic and parmesan give the wedges a delicious crust that’s just so good! The result is a crispy, crunchy exterior and a soft and fluffy interior. Now, I’m not one to make promises BUT I promise once you try these you will never forget them and might even consider giving up fried potatoes all together!
To make this dish perfect, I like to serve them with my blue cheese ranch dipping sauce but ketchup and hot sauce works just as well 😀
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- For the Blue cheese ranch dip
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 package Ranch dip mix
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives or dill
- To make the potato wedges: Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a large baking sheet or line with foil or parchment paper and set aside.
- Wash and dry potatoes then slice into thick wedges but cutting each potato into 6-8 wedges. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, olive oil, parmesan, and spices. Toss to combine.
- Place potato wedges on prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 35-40 minutes until potatoes golden and tender. Sprinkle with fresh herbs (optional) and serve with the blue cheese ranch dipping sauce.
- To make the blue cheese ranch dipping sauce: Whisk the sour cream, Ranch dip mix, blue cheese crumbles, and chopped fresh chives in a small bowl until full combined. Serve cold.
These potato wedges are outstanding. No dipping sauce required! It just covers up the awesome taste. I think next time I’ll add some dried rosemary and/or dill.
I needed a potato to accompy my fish last night, I googled and found your recipe and made them and they were a hit!! Thank you!