Healthy baked sweet potato wedges are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, and just 132 calories per serving!
We’ve officially found our new favorite healthy low-carb side dish. These seasoned sweet potato fries are extremely easy to make and even easier to eat. And because they are baked, they are very low in fat and calories and make the perfect addition to any diet!
Plus, they are served with the a creamy avocado cilantro dip that pairs perfectly with these seasoned wedges.
The secret to getting the outside nice and crispy is by coating the potato wedges in corn starch and lots of spices just before baking. The cornstarch helps seal in the moisture while keeping the outside extra crispy. This will ensure the sweet potato wedges are soft on the inside and crispy on the outside.Be sure to keep the potato wedges in a single layer for crispy wedges! overlapping the potatoes will make them soggy.
After removing these crispy wedges from the oven, serve hot with some avocado dip and enjoy!
- 4 sweet potatoes skin on, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper or chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Avocado Cilantro Dip
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves and stems
- 1/4 cup non-fat greek yogurt or sour-cream
- 1/2 jalapeno optional
- juice of 1/2 lime
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a small baking tray with foil or parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bag, place the cut potato wedges, corn starch and all the spices and shake until fully combined and the sweet potato wedges are coated.
- Place sweet potato wedges in a single layer on the baking sheet, drizzle with oil and bake for 30 minutes or until golden and crispy, flipping half way through.
- To make the avocado cilantro dip: Combine the avocado, cilantro, yogurt, jalapeno and lime juice in a blender and blend for 1 minute.
- Serve potato wedges hot with the avocado cilantro dip or your favorite dipping sauce.
Sweet Potato Wedges Nutritional Facts:Avocado Cilantro Dip Nutritional Facts: